Regardless of whether you are new to the motorcycle community, a supporter of, or have been riding for many years, you can get involved to help us make a positive impact. Please help us to assist to the next fallen rider who needs our help finding their way back into the saddle, to find their soul in the wind. We need your leather-clad hand and bug-filled smile to pull up our fallen brother and sister!
The professionals and volunteers of Diana’s Motorcyclist Foundation have the skills and training to educate fellow riders and their families; we have the experience to aid those who have been impacted by motorcycling injuries; and we have the desire to increase motorcycle-safety awareness—but we need YOUR support!
…we need YOUR support in maintaining the equipment that is needed in order to teach safe riding skills.
…we need YOUR support in “being there” for injured riders and their loved ones.
…we need YOUR support in funding the programs and purchasing the materials that are necessary to get our message out.
Consider the positive impact that you can have by making Diana’s Motorcyclist Foundation a beneficiary of your philanthropy by:
- Donating directly
- Sponsoring become a sponsor
- Nominating a person, event, or organization that deserves the Foundation’s support
- Volunteering your time at an upcoming event (no experience needed)
- Host an upcoming fundraiser
- Book an Event Inviting us to your motorcycle event or dealership
Letter To Sponsers
The Diana’s Motorcyclist Foundation is a not-for-profit organization created in 2010 by me, Christine Firehock, in honor of my mother, Diana L. Marafioti. Diana was a pioneer in New York’s motorcycling community, and started the American Motorcycle Driving School, Inc. in 1986. After 20 years of dedication to motorcycle safety and training, she was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer, which she characteristically and bravely battled for 4 years before it took her life in 2004.
Having been touched, influenced, loved, and supported by Diana throughout my life, I started this foundation in order to continue carrying the torch that she ignited and very proudly carried: the torch of commitment and devotion to fellow riders. Her commitment and devotion were manifested by her ensuring that riders of all skill and experience levels were educated in safe riding practices, and that they were not overlooked in times of need. As part of this commitment, and true to her nurturing and giving nature, Diana organized fundraisers for family members and club members who lives were affected by road accidents. Guided by Diana’s ideals of “community” and “giving,” the Foundation’s mission is to continue her work by teaching safe riding habits, providing aid to injured riders, and raising awareness of motorcycling issues.
We have outlined a business plan that we feel will help us achieve these worthwhile goals. Unfortunately, we cannot do it alone. Therefore, we invite you to explore our organization, talk with our founder, review our press materials and website content, and to then please seriously consider joining us in furthering Diana’s vision.
Sponsor Exposure and Opportunities
1. Our website, www.DianaMotoFund.com, will display sponsors’ logos, include a Links page, and offer other opportunities to show your support and promote your product or services. We plan to offer traceable, donation amount-based discount coupons valid for use with our sponsors’ products and services. This will be facilitated via a link to each sponsor’s site at the point of donation, or an optional printable voucher for later use. Vouchers will have a bar code and an expiration date that will enable sponsors to trace their return-on-sponsorship. The discounted products and services are at each sponsor’s discretion and are subject to change.
2. The Diana’s Motorcyclist Foundation will send out newsletters to our donors, sponsors, and our mailing list. Your logo and/or product review may appear in our newsletters.
3. As part of our Rider Training and Public Awareness, our team of motorcycle experts will be making many public and private engagements, including visits to motorcycle clubs, dealerships, race tracks, and motorcycle shows and rallies. We will proudly hang our banner with our sponsors’ logos as a backdrop. Your logo will appear on our published material that is mailed out, handed out at events and at dealerships, and at other sponsor sites.
4. We would be glad to explore co-sponsoring an event with you. The Diana’s Motorcyclist Foundation campaign will often appear on national and cable TV shows as we are a not-for-profit company.
5. Lastly, we are developing merchandise that may be purchased to raise money for the efforts of the Foundation. Certain merchandise would be ideal to show all our sponsors’ logos.
Diana’s Motorcyclist Foundation reserves the sole right to select the nominee who will receive financial assistance. Selection of the recipient will be done under the direction of the Diana’s Motorcyclist Foundation Selection Committee and its legal counsel . It is the purpose of the Diana’s Motorcyclist Foundation to provide Rider Education, Aid, and Awareness to the motorcycle community and their families. Although it is the foundation’s desire to provide financial assistance to all who are in need, financial restraints will govern the aid distributions and amounts. The Selection Committee will apply due diligence to verify all claims, and reserves the right to deny assistance if it discovers any signs of fraud or misrepresentation.
Further, the Foundation reserves the right to review, by its Selection Committee and its legal counsel, and to then deny, refuse, or accept any and all charitable contributions including, but not limited to: donations, sponsorship requests, materials, products, merchandise, offers of volunteering, services, and attendance at events. Final decisions are at the sole discretion of the Foundation, and will be made in accordance with the Foundation’s mission.